Guitar rebirth!

ode_to_bacchus

Re: Guitar rebirth!

Post by ode_to_bacchus » Thu May 17, 2018 11:46 pm

ContrerasMad wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:22 pm
I later upgraded in 1982 to a beautiful cedar Yamaha G255Sii classical guitar, which had the richest tones and played just wonderfully. I owned that guitar for just over 35 years but only played it occasionally whilst my career and fatherly responsibilities took up the majority of my midlife years.
My father bought me the Yamaha "G-255S II" guitar in 1985 when I was 9. It's the guitar I learnt on, have performed with numerous times. It's a wonderful instrument. Your story was wonderful, and the mention of the Yamaha guitar has bought back so many memories for me.

It has currently been in India since 2003, since I have resided in Canada since then. My dad showed it to me over Facetime last week, it still sounds so beautiful.

ContrerasMad

Post by ContrerasMad » Sun May 20, 2018 1:37 pm

ode_to_bacchus wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:46 pm
ContrerasMad wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:22 pm
I later upgraded in 1982 to a beautiful cedar Yamaha G255Sii classical guitar, which had the richest tones and played just wonderfully. I owned that guitar for just over 35 years but only played it occasionally whilst my career and fatherly responsibilities took up the majority of my midlife years.
My father bought me the Yamaha "G-255S II" guitar in 1985 when I was 9. It's the guitar I learnt on, have performed with numerous times. It's a wonderful instrument. Your story was wonderful, and the mention of the Yamaha guitar has bought back so many memories for me.

It has currently been in India since 2003, since I have resided in Canada since then. My dad showed it to me over Facetime last week, it still sounds so beautiful.
I think a trip to India is required to retrieve your Yamaha! It will feel like bringing home a missing part of you. :)

ContrerasMad

Post by ContrerasMad » Sun May 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Gilded Strings wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:44 pm
Hi ContrerasMad,

I'm 49 and still trying to find time to play as life is very busy at the moment with family, work, house etc. however I love hearing stories of guitarist who are still very keen on playing in their golden years. This gives us all something to look forward to in the future when we have more time....never too old. Enjoyed your post!
Hi there Gilded Strings. I know exactly where you stand, but life doesn't just get in the way in your early years though, I am even having difficulty nowadays believe it or not trying to fit grown up families in(they never leave!), plus cycling, running a small bike shop, sharing quality time with my partner and trying to get my guitar practicing in. But there again I wouldn't have it any other way!

Gilded Strings

Post by Gilded Strings » Mon May 21, 2018 12:25 am

ContrerasMad wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 1:46 pm
Gilded Strings wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:44 pm
Hi ContrerasMad,

I'm 49 and still trying to find time to play as life is very busy at the moment with family, work, house etc. however I love hearing stories of guitarist who are still very keen on playing in their golden years. This gives us all something to look forward to in the future when we have more time....never too old. Enjoyed your post!
Hi there Gilded Strings. I know exactly where you stand, but life doesn't just get in the way in your early years though, I am even having difficulty nowadays believe it or not trying to fit grown up families in(they never leave!), plus cycling, running a small bike shop, sharing quality time with my partner and trying to get my guitar practicing in. But there again I wouldn't have it any other way!
If you're the type who has many interests you'll always be busy. Never understood the people who say, 'what would you do if you didn't to to work?' :shock: . Some people just don't get it. Just playing an instrument can take lifetimes to master. I think I'll have to pull out the bike and start with the fitness again. I'll need to stay fit to look after the kids when they don't leave home :D All the best.

Return to “Introduce yourself”