Hello from Maryland

jonah523

Hello from Maryland

Post by jonah523 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:11 am

Hello! My name is Jonah Buchanan. I've been a member in the past, and thought I should re-register. This has always been a useful resource and a great place to hear other guitarists play.

I am a private guitar instructor and middle school music teacher. I studied classical guitar performance at Ithaca College and graduated in 2006.
“I would teach children music, physics, and philosophy; but most importantly music, for the patterns in music and all the arts are the keys to learning” - Plato

oski79

Re: Hello from Maryland

Post by oski79 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:56 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can occasionally get rather heated. Delcamp takes great strides to avoid that. Here areMssr. Delcamp’s thoughts on that.

Please note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

singlechange

Post by singlechange » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Jonah, Nice to see another member in Maryland. Out of curiosity is the quote of Plato from his writing in THE REPUBLIC?
Welcome to the forum. Robert A.
Cynthia H. Burton 1993

jonah523

Post by jonah523 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:01 pm

singlechange wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:18 pm
Jonah, Nice to see another member in Maryland. Out of curiosity is the quote of Plato from his writing in THE REPUBLIC?
Welcome to the forum. Robert A.
Robert, thanks! I wondered how many MD people were on the site. I'm not sure if it's from the republic, it's a little difficult to nail down. It's just a quote that sticks out to me a lot as an educator. I actually asked my cousin who teaches philosophy if he recognized it, and he said he'd get back to me, lol. I'll be a little embarrassed if it's a complete misquote!

Ah well, it's a nice one, whoever said it :)
“I would teach children music, physics, and philosophy; but most importantly music, for the patterns in music and all the arts are the keys to learning” - Plato

Biffissimo

Post by Biffissimo » Tue May 22, 2018 2:16 pm

jonah523 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:11 am
Hello! My name is Jonah Buchanan. I've been a member in the past, and thought I should re-register. This has always been a useful resource and a great place to hear other guitarists play.

I am a private guitar instructor and middle school music teacher. I studied classical guitar performance at Ithaca College and graduated in 2006.
Hey Maryland! Where at? Im in the Annapolis area. I teach for Anne Arundel County Public Schools. Theres a great middle school classical guitar teacher in Baltimore County. Cant remember his name. Anyway hi!

jonah523

Post by jonah523 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:58 pm

Biffissimo wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:16 pm
jonah523 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:11 am

Hey Maryland! Where at? Im in the Annapolis area. I teach for Anne Arundel County Public Schools. Theres a great middle school classical guitar teacher in Baltimore County. Cant remember his name. Anyway hi!
Hey! I'm in Montgomery County, but I know a few teachers in the Annapolis area and a few in Baltimore! It's good to see guitar becoming a more acceptable thing to study in middle school!

Return to “Introduce yourself”