Duplicate

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
segoviaDevotee

Duplicate

Post by segoviaDevotee » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:25 pm

eno wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:46 pm
segoviaDevotee wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:05 pm
Big waste of time and effort to get a tech degree today. I'm a third generation EE and all the males in my family are now deliberately steered away from the occupation because it's a dead end.

(Mod edit … )

1) 75% of those with a tech degree can't find a tech job
2) Tech salaries have not increased for 19 years.
Sadly I have to agree in general but for me personally it's not so bad, I'm in semiconductor industry and salaries are ok there. And I still like the job. As Barrie Gilbert said "It is only slightly less than amazing that anyone would ever embark on a career in analog microcircuit design, considering how many easier ways there are to make money. On the other hand, few careers offer such a heady blend of science, creativity, business, craft, and a constant sense of being involved in the making of tomorrow."
But I actually like playing CG more. If only I could play as well as I can do EE design...
Sorry for the off-topic
Agreed with you but I really must compliment you on your open mindedness. I believe you fully understand the tech field and whats even more amazing is you do not reject the idea that the occupation is in serious decline. That's not the typical response you get from EE's. By the way I eventually gravitated to j2ee software development so I strayed a bit from the conventional EE path myself.

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”