Forum newbie!

stephan.h

Forum newbie!

Post by stephan.h » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:19 pm

Hello all, an intro from murky Wales.
Started CG aged 8 - from age 8.5 I had a 40 year 'gap' until it grabbed me again. That was a 2 (?) year learning period followed by 18 year 'gap' - not a youngster am I?
Anyway, had to pick the box up again and hope that I will be able to play something before falling off my perch for my final 'gap'!!
Had a teacher for those 2 years, but now it is a self teaching thing - no idea where I would find a teacher locally.
Doubts do edge into my mind as I practise (not enough) as to what bad habits I am adopting, but with luck I am getting a little further into it.

regards

stephan

simonm

Re: Forum newbie!

Post by simonm » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Welcome to the forum Stephen,

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/v ... 28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Re: Forum newbie!

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:22 pm

stephan.h wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:19 pm
Hello all, an intro from murky Wales....
Had a teacher for those 2 years, but now it is a self teaching thing - no idea where I would find a teacher locally.....
Welcome from murky-ish Dorset... there are one or two Welsh-residing forum members, so if you either look out for them, or a post a specific question, I expect they may have some ideas!
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)
Simon Ambridge 'Hauser' (2018)

Return to “Introduce yourself”