Legnani, Luigi - op.250/02 Allegretto - Video

Audio and video recordings of classical music (1760-1850, e.g. Giuliani, Carcassi, Carulli). Your own interpretations of music that is in the public domain.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
or Mozart, W. A. - K545 Sonata, Allegro - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Au Clair de la Lune - D01 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048).
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
powderedtoastman

Legnani, Luigi - op.250/02 Allegretto - Video

Post by powderedtoastman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:43 pm

Here is part of my open mic performance from Classical Guitar Corner's second summer school in Beverly, MA.
I love the audience uproar at the end, that may be the only place I can get that kind of great reception! Same love was given to every player that night, it was really a special thing. And really the whole week is great. Lots of ensemble playing and socializing with a big set of new friends and family!

I've been working a bit on Legnani's 6 caprices which were written as a supplement to his op. 250 method. The method itself I don't find so useful since it's written in Italian and it's mostly words, but the caprices are very charming and much more approachable than the famous 36 caprices.
I added in a little semi-improvised prelude, which I largely devised in concept ahead of time while warming up that day, and stole an arpeggio thing from Giuliani's La Rose :lol:

At any rate, I thought this turned out to make for a pretty good take, so I won't feel so compelled to do this one on my own at home like I would have otherwise. And I hope you will enjoy!

spanishguitarmusic

Re: Legnani, Luigi - op.250/02 Allegretto - Video

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:24 am

I enjoyed your performance very much! Wonderful playing of this beautiful piece! Thank you for sharing.

David Norton

Post by David Norton » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:59 am

Nicely done, that was a good job there.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT
First person to complete the Delcamp "Let's Learn Sor Op. 60" project

powderedtoastman

Post by powderedtoastman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:38 am

Thanks for listening, guys!!

avarianl

Post by avarianl » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:48 pm

That is well played. I am still gathering my courage to be able to perform in public like that

powderedtoastman

Post by powderedtoastman » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:01 am

Thanks! Yes it is certainly pushing the comfort zone to play in front of 50 other guitarists in a theater with the lights set up just like a concert but it's also a wonderful experience and I learn a little something each time.

I played at my first open mic almost two and a half years ago now, and it's been a constant challenge to get myself to play through the nerves. And there's something about playing solo classical music that causes many of us to put extra pressure on ourselves that would be much less if we were playing in a group or playing another style of music.

Sometimes I would feel like I had a great improvement one month followed by a terrible performance the next month, but we have to learn that the open mic audience will appreciate you no matter what and all of the difficulty is really internal to yourself! And no matter what level you're at you can nit-pick and find something about each performance that you weren't satisfied with, but you should also be able to find something positive every time too!
Anyway, playing in front of an audience can take some work and some developing of comfort, so if you would like to do it I would say start as early as you can and keep at it!

radioholik

Post by radioholik » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:19 pm

Bravo maestro! :merci:

ADeanS

Post by ADeanS » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:49 am

Very nice.
Very musical interpretation.
Pleasant to listen to.

Return to “Our recordings of Classical music”