Beyerdynamic M160 on Classical Guitar with different buffer amps

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
rojarosguitar

Beyerdynamic M160 on Classical Guitar with different buffer amps

Post by rojarosguitar » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Hello,
please find here short clips of recording a classical guitar (actually a flamenco guitar) with a classical piece (Lagrima by Tarrega).

M160 is obviously Byerdynamic ribbon hypercardioid (approx. 40 cm from guitar tworads 12th fret) and very close to it an Akg C460B (Jim WIlliams moded) with CK3 hypercardiod capsule, pointing parallel to M160.
The different takes are using diferent buffer amps like Churchpipes, FetHead and Cloudlifter as well as none. With the same front number is the simultaneous recording via AKG.

All records mono and mixed down to stereo after all being mono-normalized to -1.5dB to have comparable levels; no else processing whatsoever.

Here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0ymcywz7suy2 ... XZBCa?dl=0

let me know what you think, please!
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...
My Youtube Channel is: TheMusicalEvents

rojarosguitar

Re: Beyerdynamic M160 on Classical Guitar with different buffer amps

Post by rojarosguitar » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:57 am

I'd really be interested how you hear it!
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

konstantine

Post by konstantine » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:48 am

Awesome, thanks for sharing (the M160 is on my shortlist to try out), I will post my thoughts when I listen to the examples.

Konstantine

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:30 am

konstantine wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:48 am
Awesome, thanks for sharing (the M160 is on my shortlist to try out), I will post my thoughts when I listen to the examples.

Konstantine
Thanks!

bauersachs82

Post by bauersachs82 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:12 pm

There is something I like about the M160 with the FetHead. It's very full sounding.

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:48 pm

Accidentally FetHead is the easiest to handle: just stick it into the XLR of the mic and than the cable - no two cables needed :D

Thanks for your response!

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”