Hello from the Netherlands

GuidoGitarist

Hello from the Netherlands

Post by GuidoGitarist » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:45 am

Hello,

I've been following this forum for some time now as I am Always interested in guitar talk and google linked me several times.

I'm a guitar player now for about 4 years and I started out with classical guitar playing. My progress was kinda fast and after a year I could play some nice compositions. The second year I found out about flamenco guitar playing and was totally baffled by the way these guitarplayers handled their guitars! The explosive sound and difficult right hand techniques made me want to learn playing flamenco.

Flamenco guitar is what I play, having a flamenco guitar teacher now for 2 years. I play on a Luthier India Abeto classical guitar and a Alhambra 4F. They both sound good, where my Luthier India has high sustain, which isnt perfect for fast bulerias, but is perfect for solea, tarantos and other slow paced rythms. The Alhambra 4F is my starter flamenco guitar which i use in fast rythms. Theirs a big difference in sound between them, which makes it fun to switch. Even tho my luthier india is harder to play, it sounds better, so there's always this struggle... :lol:

Im definitely into flamenco, but i still like classical guitar as well. At the moment I am working on a Rumba Flamenca piece and Fandango and have done several styles before. Unfortunately i have to keep repeating previous learned styles, as they other wise are to complicated to perform :roll: So my training hours consist of playing the older parts as a warming up and then doing the new stuff :casque:
2011 Perez Luthier India 'Abeto'
2017 Alhambra 4F Fishman E1

simonm

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by simonm » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:43 am

Welcome to the forum.

- You now have access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and can post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/v ... 28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

Return to “Introduce yourself”