- Type / luthier: Concert classical, Manuel Contreras Sr
- Model : Concierto 1a Especial, Double Tapa
- Year of construction: 1987
- Scale length (mm): 650 mm
- Nut width (mm): 53 mm
- Top: High quality red cedar
- Bracing: Curved bracing!!
- Back / Sides: Brazilian rosewood (comes with CITE)
- Tuners: Fustero, gold finish with pearloid buttons
- Headplate: Brazilian Rosewood, with Inlay
- Fingerboard: Ebony and cedar neck
- Sound: Spanish warm, rich with volume, yet clear as a bell
- Condition: Very good condition, few barely noticeable minor marks
- Case: Yes, hardshell, original
- Price: EUR 3500
- Viewing / trial possible: Yes
- Location: Sweden, Stockholm
I'm very conflicted about selling….but I need cash for guitar building project!!
So here is an exquisite Contreras 1987 1a Double Tapa from Manuel Contreras Sr. built at the summit of his oeuvre.
Dark Brazilian Rosewood sides and back and an exceptional high quality Red Cedar top. The guitar has curved bracing, to make the struts stronger/(fewer) to enhance the top vibration.
The Double Top Tapa (that’s a double back and not a double top!) made by Manuel Contreras I, integrates a cedar layer on the rosewood back in order to add projection and volume. The guitar is in extremely good condition and I bought it from the 1st owner. The sound is warm and rich, yet clear (and loud) as a bell.
Selling with CITE doc’s
And I hope that the low price is set for a quick sale
Last edited by Archibal on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.