Trying to work out how much practice time I need

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
mainterm

Re: Trying to work out how much practice time I need

Post by mainterm » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:22 pm

crazyrach97 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:48 pm
That's a very hard question to answer. But I'll try. It's a large, extended work that I can't stop listening to, and unlike some others that I feel the same way about it gives me a feeling of accessibility... like it might be something I can aspire to within the next few years instead of a decade from now (I get that I might be kidding myself there). By contrast, I'm watching my boyfriend work up Aguado Op. 2 No. 3 (another piece I adore) and thinking my god that's way over my head and is going to be for a very long time.
The Aguado (if you take his MM tempo marking to heart - many don’t) is very, very difficult, especially if the performance is to sound relaxed, easy, musical etc. sixtuplet scales/mixed arpeggio patterns @ 1/4 = 96 is in the same neighborhood as 1/16 notes scales @ 1/4 = 150 (e.g. FAST for CG), not to mention the LH stretches that creep in. Lorenzo Micheli does this - great little show that.

Good luck with the Giuliani, getting a guitar, and finding some great instructor out there!

Return to “Public Space”