Hello from Istanbul

Kurtuluş

Hello from Istanbul

Post by Kurtuluş » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Hello All,

I met classicalguitardelcamp.com when I googled "the most difficult classical guitar piece ever written". I clicked a link from the site (which was viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54995) and started reading the answers. After ten minutes, I had very satisfactory answers from professionals and learned the names of many pieces, composers and performers that are unknown to me. It is a long list but I will only mention that listening to "24 Caprichos de Goya" from Kazuhito Yamashita made my day. In short, I recognized I could learn lots of things about classical guitar here and decided to join the site.

As for me, I'm a novelist who not thinks but feels very strongly that "without music life would be a mistake". Ages ago, I learned to play some simple chords and sing along like most teenagers do. I also learned to play a few very simple classical pieces. That was enough for me (which I now realize one of the biggest mistakes of my life). All my life I've had a classical guitar but it was only to play for my friends occasionally. Now at 50, I've got very serious about playing well (I have no clue why I have this urge :D )
If I say I could play the 1st part of "Romance", that may be an indicator of my skill level.

I also play the accordion and I'm much better at it than the guitar.

My main goal is to understand how western classical music works (its theory, history, philosophy, esthetics etc.) and I believe learning to play the guitar well will deepen my understanding of music as a listener.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Istanbul

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Hello Kurtuluş and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Return to “Introduce yourself”