Teacher

US $..850 (reduced) Francisco Navarro Limited Edition Tesoro New 2017, NYC

Post by Ramon Amira » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:48 pm

FRONT.jpg
Type : Luthier
Year: 2017
Scale: 650mm
Nut: 52mm
Top – Back – Sides: Solid Rosewood (Palo Escrito)
Fingerboard/Bridge: Solid Cocobolo
Nut/Saddle: Bone
Viewing: Yes – New York City
Price: $950

This guitar is from my private collection. As I had posted previously when a member asked about the Tesoro, I basically bought it out of curiosity – I wanted to see how an all Rosewood guitar sounded.

In broad general terms it sounds great, as you would expect from a luthier guitar. In more focused terms it sounds pretty much like cedar with perhaps a slightly darker quality, and suitable for any kind of music. Excellent playability with nice low action and no buzzing.

The Tesoro is constructed by Francisco Navarro Jr., Francisco’s eldest son, a fine luthier in his own right, trained by his father and working alongside him. So you have a gorgeous new signed label luthier constructed guitar, built by a talented and experienced luthier, in pristine condition, for under $1000. For the benefit of anyone contemplating a mid level factory guitar, such as a Cordoba C12, or similar guitar, you would do far better with the Tesoro, which is a much better guitar, basically on a different level, and even costs less.

I have only played the guitar twice for a total of about a hour, which is about the same as I would play any new guitar to check it out before I put it up for sale. But since technically it would be classified as used, I am selling it for a “Used” price. New it is $1400.

Any questions, please feel free to call me.

Price includes a new deluxe hard foam case, and free shipping.

Ramon
BACK.jpg
SIDE.jpg
TUNERS.jpg
HEADSTOCK.jpg
ROSETTE.jpg
BRIDGE.jpg
FULL.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ramon Amira on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Scott Phillips

Re: US $.950 Francisco Navarro Limited Edition Tesoro New 2017 NYC

Post by Scott Phillips » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:16 am

Hey Ramon,

I have one of these and I love it. Somebody is going to get a real good deal. If I didn't need to buy an amplifier, I would love to have two.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Re: US $..950 Francisco Navarro Limited Edition Tesoro New 2017, NYC

Post by Ramon Amira » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:29 pm

This is going to be a great deal for someone. There are numerous factory guitars selling for twice the price that can’t come even close to this guitar.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:24 am

Bumping this for the benefit of anyone who hasn’t seen it and is thinking of buying a factory guitar. This is a signed luthier guitar that looks great and sounds great, for a very low price, and is head and shoulders over any factory guitar in the same price range.

Ramon

Scott Phillips

Post by Scott Phillips » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:14 pm

Just giving this a bump for the benefit of the new members that have joined in the last couple of weeks, some of them looking for a good CG, that may be thinking of inferior factory guitars.

Here is the opportunity to get a really unique, hand made guitar, by an experienced luthier, for less than the price of a Córdoba. You guys and gals are making this difficult for me, because if it’s still here by the time I have the money, I will have to buy it MYSELF. 🤭

This guitar will have a tone rather unlike any spruce or cedar. Mine has a dark and focused bass and the treble range is still clear but on he warmer side. You will have to, as with any guitar, experiment with strings to see what will really bring the guitar to life. I settled on Pyramid Sterling Silver basses, Mari 100P B and E strings, and a Knobloch med tension carbon G. Also Ramirez medium tension with Carbon G sounded really good on it.

Like I said, I have one of these already. But I might buy it as a second guitar (you should always have at least two, right🙄). I just like unique guitars. It has a unique sound for sure, quite Spanish, but with a little different aura.

And it’s a bargain.

Ken Kim
Student of the online lessons

Post by Ken Kim » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:13 pm

It seems very nice and unique luthier built guitar by Navarro Jr.. Can't find any online source such as any sample sound of this guitar. This price is most reasonable for sure. I got enough guitars already but I really wonder how this P.E Top guitar sounds. I would be very appreciated if one of you can upload samples. Really curious.
Ken

Sore Fingers & Mind in heaven
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Cordoba Master Rodriguez & Torres
Cordoba C12 Sp
Hill New World Player Cd 615mm
Ryoji Matsuoka M60 Sp '84
La Patrie Presentation
Yamaha Silent SLG200NW

Scott Phillips

Post by Scott Phillips » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:09 am

Sorrry Ken, my guitar is at my son’s house 5hrs away, in the next bordering state. Won’t get it back for a few weeks. Trust me when I say you won’t be disappointed. If I weren’t paying for an amp, I would buy it. Cantiga basses sound really good on mine as well.

Joewalter

Post by Joewalter » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:57 pm

This is a very intriguing guitar. I'm wondering if anyone might be able to compare this to a Pavan TP-30? Not sure if that's apples and oranges, but wanted to see what you thought. Thanks

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:19 am

Joewalter wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:57 pm
This is a very intriguing guitar. I'm wondering if anyone might be able to compare this to a Pavan TP-30? Not sure if that's apples and oranges, but wanted to see what you thought. Thanks
I have played both, but I am obviously not a disinterested party. However, I am selling the guitar for barely above my dealer cost, and at that price it will be sold fairly soon, if not I will donate it to a needy student, so I have no incentive to give you less than my honest opinion, which I have always given on this forum.

The TP-30 is a nice guitar, all solid woods, well made, sounds good. But still it is a factory guitar farmed out to a factory in Spain. New it is $1695. The Tesoro is a signed label luthier guitar, constructed by a talented and experienced luthier. This guitar is for all practical purposes new. It is $950. If they were the same price the Tesoro would obviously be a better buy. For $750 less, you can figure it out for yourself.

It sounds very close to cedar, with perhaps a somewhat darker and warm sound. I love the sound, and so does another member who has a Tesoro, but such things are highly individual.

Ramon
Last edited by Ramon Amira on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElBee

Post by ElBee » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:05 am

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:46 am

This is a dreadful sound sample that doesn’t sound even remotely like the Tesoro. This guitar has wonderful sustain, and by the way is very loud, but here the music chosen could not be worse. It sounds like a Hawaiian guitar. :D

The actual sound of the Tesoro is close to cedar. Anyone hearing a proper recording and with normal music would take it for cedar, and would hear an entirely different and wonderful sound.

Ramon
Last edited by Ramon Amira on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Price reduced to $850. New hard foam case and free shipping.

Ramon

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Re: US $..850 (reduced) Francisco Navarro Limited Edition Tesoro New 2017, NYC

Post by Ramon Amira » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:59 pm

This guitar has been sold.

Ramon

AdamRoth

Post by AdamRoth » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:30 am

Oh, outstanding. I just got word that my department (Joliet Junior College) was able to complete this purchase. This will make our students really happy. Most of them just have no way of purchasing a guitar like this for themselves. Now we get to make them audition for the privilege of using it!

Of course, I might have to spend Winter Break, ahem, breaking it in!
My Bach lute suite videos:
995 www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSZXrFLmb7U
996 www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-BW0Jk2H4o
997 https://youtu.be/mQxCrdsmSTU <=New studio recording

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:00 am

AdamRoth wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:30 am
Oh, outstanding. I just got word that my department (Joliet Junior College) was able to complete this purchase. This will make our students really happy. Most of them just have no way of purchasing a guitar like this for themselves. Now we get to make them audition for the privilege of using it!

Of course, I might have to spend Winter Break, ahem, breaking it in!
Adam - You are going to love the sound. It's also loud, so you can use a delicate touch.

Ramon

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”