JP $.4600 Stephen Faulk Cedar/Maple 2018, near Kagoshima

This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Forum rules
This section is for the use of fully participating members of the forum.
Ads are accepted only for classical, Renaissance, baroque or flamenco guitars, theorbos, ukuleles or lutes.
Ads for any other type of instrument (electric, electro-acoustic, etc.) or equipment will be removed.
Members may only sell their own instruments or instruments they have built themselves. Business sales from dealers or ads on behalf of other people are not allowed.
New members may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $500.
Members of the 020 group may advertise one instrument only at any one time, with a maximum value of $15000.
Members who have made at least 60 posts, who have been registered for at least 6 months and who make frequent helpful contributions to forum discussions, may advertise up to 3 instruments at a time, without price limitation.
If you are selling more than one instrument, a separate post for each instrument is required.
The maximum number of ads that may be posted is 3 per year (i.e. in any 12-month period).

Failure to respect these conditions will result in the removal of the ads and in flagrant cases the account of the member may be removed without warning.
Do not give your phone number or your email address except via private message.

Please set out your ad in the following format:
- Type / luthier: (classical, flamenco, lute, baroque, romantic)
- Year of construction:
- Scale length (mm):
- Nut width (mm):
- Top:
- Bracing (fan/lattice/other):
- Back / Sides:
- Fingerboard / (bridge):
- Sound:
- Condition:
- Price:
- Viewing / trial possible:
- Location (nearest city):

In particular please indicate a starting price as well as a location or locations where it is possible to try out the instrument. The above template covers the most essential details, but sellers should of course provide further information in their ad on any special features.

Title format for your ad:
COUNTRY price(as 5 characters) Luthier model wood(soundboard) year, City/Town-of-sale
For example:
LK $..200 Yamaha G70A spruce 1969, Colombo
($..200 = $200), dots are inserted to bring all prices to 5 characters, allowing the use of an ascending sort by subject via the sort menu at the bottom of the page to display ads in order of country and price.
Country codes may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1
Capital letters are restricted to the initial letters of proper names.

Ads are moved to the archives as soon as the guitar is sold, or when they have had no response for more than one year. A message can be edited by its author for the first 21 days after posting, after which it is necessary to ask a moderator to make any changes.

Please do not denigrate a guitar for sale or the luthier who made it. Moderators will remove such messages. Whether or not the sale should proceed is entirely up to the parties involved.

Members who buy an instrument unseen do so at their own risk and should exercise due caution. For added security, it is advisable to use a licensed online escrow service (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow).

The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) means that some materials used in guitars, although formerly allowed, may now require permits or be illegal to sell across national borders, or even locally in some places. It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws in their respective countries.
Stephen Faulk

JP $.4600 Stephen Faulk Cedar/Maple 2018, near Kagoshima

Post by Stephen Faulk » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:18 am

Classical, 'La Alameda' Model Stephen Faulk
650 scale
50 mm Nut
Cedar Top
Fan braced
Maple back/sides
Ebony fingerboard
Cherry wood bridge
Spanish traditional sound
New
$4600.00

- Location - near Kagoshima Japan

Very responsive, and easy to play. A bit more to the side of string separation and suited for Spanish repertoire, but over all balance and chord playing is rich. French polish finish.

Shipping internationally via Japan Post EMS Service is approx. $120.00 Buyer pays shipping - USA, Europe, Australia, Canada. Insurance and tracking. Usually takes 4 days to Eur. or USA. Comes with wine colored ultra light case. I pack carefully. Since the case is already wine colored no need to worry if you spill red wine on case.

alabackflat.jpg
alafaceflat.jpg
alafront.jpg
alahead.jpg
alarose.jpg
allaback.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patience at the bending iron pays in rounded dividends!

Stephen Faulk

Re: JP $.4600 Stephen Faulk Cedar/Maple 2018, near Kagoshima

Post by Stephen Faulk » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:56 am

I sent this guitar to be photographed and played by my composer friends in Nagoya, these help show the guitar- They made a little sound video sample that will be available in a day or two. Probably a definitive set of photos to follow...
48396272_210888989818489_7404705797931794432_n.jpg[/[attachment=2]48417801_194382991425899_6726426265986793472_n.jpg
48963774_1802454516550841_2226482265670549504_n.jpg
49009431_1425845427546589_7388969050644152320_n.jpg
attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

powderedtoastman

Post by powderedtoastman » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:18 pm

That looks great. I wish I could give it a try but I think I'm in the market for a cello which will take priority over any more guitars. I hope you find a great home for this one, somebody who will post some recordings for us!

Stephen Faulk

Post by Stephen Faulk » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:46 pm

I can build you a cello. I've done it before. I have one that I made that's for sale. I see you're in Sunnyvale, I used to live in Oakland. I know a few cello makers in the Bay Area, one guy is a retired scientist who's become a serious cello/violin maker and you have a violin maker in your town.

I'm sure someone will buy this guitar eventually, I'm hitting a my stride in the kind of instruments I have worked on making. I unfortunately I live in a low traffic area and people seldom make the trip to see me. The local university is about 50 miles away and there are students, but the teachers are engaged in a contract with a dealer up north and are not allowed to show independent makers' guitars to their students. That's how is in a lot of Japan. I used to freely show work to all the students in the Bay Area and that worked out, but presently I'm advertising here to show my work.

If you're interested in cello maker contacts let me know. And PM if you want to know about the cello I have. I'm got a mold ready to build a Strad model that's similar to the Davidov cello. And the one I have is like a Strad shape, but slightly wider than usual. It works well. I'm not asking that much for it, due to shipping costs.

Stephen Faulk

Post by Stephen Faulk » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:19 am

A few more photos came this morning:
DSCF6031.jpg
DSCF6034.jpg
DSCF6036.jpg

Stephen Faulk

Post by Stephen Faulk » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:22 am

A few more:
DSCF6041.jpg
DSCF6056.jpg
DSCF6078.jpg
DSCF6092.jpg

Stephen Faulk

Post by Stephen Faulk » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:22 am

Here's a sound sample of this guitar. It's a short piece by a friend of mine, Blane Ebersold in Nagoya, who composes. Blane owns a really fine guitar of mine, and he's been showing my work in Nagoya, which is about 450 miles from me.

He over dubbed the guitar, it's a for two guitars. We might get a video of one of our friends who is a classical player to recored a classical standard rep piece. Maybe this recording is a bit too reverby to show a flat recorded sound, these guys help me out voluntarily so I don't push them to do specific things.

https://soundcloud.com/seablayne/a-warm ... Egp9tPK3CM

Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons

Post by Christopher Langley » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:24 am

Between this build and the spruce/persimmon I'm floored Stephan.

Love it. Especially the rosette. Cool design.
Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

Scott Phillips

Post by Scott Phillips » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:11 am

I wish I had the money now. I love the rosette, and the wood is just beautiful. I sure like the one you made that you sold me. After I got it, out went the Ramirez student models, and the rest of the low end stuff I had. There was just no comparing them. Yours sounds amazing, and the sound beats out every other guitar I've had. When I am ready for another one, I would like another really cool rosette.

Stephen Faulk

Post by Stephen Faulk » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:15 am

Christopher Langley wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:24 am
Between this build and the spruce/persimmon I'm floored Stephan.

Love it. Especially the rosette. Cool design.
Thank you I really appreciate the vote of confidence on my original designs. They are rooted in Spanish work, but I take them out a bit. I've been docked by dealers who only want conservative work, which I am good at, but I'm following my instinct to make what I need to make. If musicians find it exciting I am very glad.

Stephen Faulk

Re: JP $.4600 Stephen Faulk Cedar/Maple 2018, Nagoya

Post by Stephen Faulk » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:19 am

Scott Phillips wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:11 am
I wish I had the money now. I love the rosette, and the wood is just beautiful. I sure like the one you made that you sold me. After I got it, out went the Ramirez student models, and the rest of the low end stuff I had. There was just no comparing them. Yours sounds amazing, and the sound beats out every other guitar I've had. When I am ready for another one, I would like another really cool rosette.
Thank you Scott. I'm glad you like that guitar. It's very interesting and I thought it sounded good too. I'd like to make another on that model.

If there's ever any chance of hearing a snippet of a recording I'd love to hear how it developed. It's two years old now. And anytime you want another guitar you know how to find me. It was good to work with you. I'd put myself out to do you good one.
Last edited by Stephen Faulk on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scott Phillips

Post by Scott Phillips » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:35 am

👍🏻

Stephen Faulk

Post by Stephen Faulk » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:10 am

This one is going to a go to a dealer in Nagoya- probably by the end of this week they'll take delivery of it. It's Nagoya now and some good players have made sound samples with it. I'll upload in here soon.

The guitar is still available direct from me, but when it goes t the dealer they'll handle it. I'll provide the contact info when they have it. They speak English and have an American on the staff if you want to deal with them. They like this guitar a lot and asked right away if they could represent it.

Meanwhile is can be viewed privately in Nagoya, should you happen to be in Japan.
Last edited by Stephen Faulk on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen Faulk

Post by Stephen Faulk » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:12 am

Hear this guitar in Soundcloud.

Recorded with no reverb

https://soundcloud.com/user-314584614/s ... lays-jobim

Stephen Faulk

Post by Stephen Faulk » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:28 am

My guitars are being represented in Japan by Muse Music Store in Nagoya, Muse Ongakukan - ongakukan is music store in Japanese.

They are very nice and respond quickly to emails. Mr. Yamashita, the owner, speaks English and has an American teacher on the staff. Feel free to contact them if interested in this guitar. I think it will sell locally in Japan, but if you ever travel to Nagoya, Mr. Yamashita will show you guitars. He has Fleta, Romanillos, Sakura and many other labels by top makers.

Muse Ongakukan - Nagoya - representing Stephen Faulk Classical Guitars
http://www.muse-ongakukan.com/guitar/gu ... phen-faulk

Return to “Classical Guitar for Sale”