Sychra, Andrei - Theme and Variations on As From Beyond a Forest - Russian 7 String Guitar

Audio and video recordings of classical music (1760-1850, e.g. Giuliani, Carcassi, Carulli). Your own interpretations of music that is in the public domain.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
or Mozart, W. A. - K545 Sonata, Allegro - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Au Clair de la Lune - D01 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048).
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Rui Namora
Concert performers

Sychra, Andrei - Theme and Variations on As From Beyond a Forest - Russian 7 String Guitar

Post by Rui Namora » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Some weeks ago, Rob MacKillop launched a website devoted to the Russian 7 string guitar and its repertoire, where he shares his own learning process of this similar, yet different instrument, and inviting everybody to jump along. The website, if you didn't visited yet is sarenkoandco.com.

I decided to put to side my resistance to learn to read in a different tuning, re-stringed my guitar, and it has been a fun process.

From the patriarch of the Russian Guitar, Andrei Sychra, a simple set of variations on a folk song "Как иэ-эа леса, лесочка" (As from beyond a forest). The score is available on https://sarenkoandco.com/on-the-essence ... ng-guitar/

RobMacKillop

Re: Sychra, Andrei - Theme and Variations on As From Beyond a Forest - Russian 7 String Guitar

Post by RobMacKillop » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:39 pm

Beautiful, and perfectly played! Well done, Rui.

MartenFalk

Re: Sychra, Andrei - Theme and Variations on As From Beyond a Forest - Russian 7 String Guitar

Post by MartenFalk » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Wow!
Very, very impressive Rui! Your performance light up this very dark period (in Sweden we hardly see the sun this tie of the year). I am looking forward to your coming videos!

Rui Namora
Concert performers

Post by Rui Namora » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:20 pm

Thank you Rob and Marten.

Coming from exquisite musicians like you guys, I'm really flattered :)

martinardo

Post by martinardo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:27 pm

Very nice playing, Rui. A pretty tune with tricky bits thrown in for good measure. :wink:
I'm pink therefore I'm Spam

Return to “Our recordings of Classical music”