Cooper, Derek - Fairytale Creatures

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
CGCristian92

Cooper, Derek - Fairytale Creatures

Post by CGCristian92 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 pm

Hey everyone,

My name is Cristian Garcia and i am a classical guitiarist currently based in Los Angeles, but have studied a at the Manhattan School of Music with David Leisner, and with Ignacio Rodes in Alicante, Spain.

I have made it my mission to commission works and i have been lucky to get a few works written for me that i am currently in the process of putting together and hopefully to going to make a recording in the next few years. In the same vein, i am currently working on a program mixing new works and old works.

One of these works has been " Fairytale Creatures" by the friend, Derek Cooper. We wrote these for me a few years ago and i performed a few of them in a live concert ( this one is from April of 2016 i believe) and i finally got the recordings and have posted them on soundcloud. It is a set of 5 works with each being named after a mythical creature. The 3 posted here are : The Imp, The Griffin, and The Unicorn.

Soundcloud playlist link : https://soundcloud.com/cristian-garcia- ... -creatures

I am hoping to get some feedback from you fine folks here at Delcamp ( Particularly David Norton, since he doesnt hold back hahaha)
These are live and are not perfect, but i i am mainly interested in your thoughts.

I can provide the Score as well if there is enough interest!

Christopher Langley
Student of the online lessons

Re: Cooper, Derek - Fairytale Creatures

Post by Christopher Langley » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:51 am

Really interesting pieces.

Well Played.
Cordoba CP110: RC Recital RL50 MT: Flesh

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”