Who Wrote Folia Variations?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
pogmoor

Re: Who Wrote Folia Variations?

Post by pogmoor » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Bernhard Heimann wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:43 am
gilles T wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:00 am
...22 variations written by François Le Cocq for baroque guitar, here : http://web.archive.org/web/200701200723 ... /index.htm
Unfortunately, the PDF files have been replaced by an HTML error message (with file extension PDF), which says that the file is not available.
Obviously PDF files have been removed to save space in the web archive. :(
Bernhard
On a Mac you can obtain the file by going to the page suggested by gilles T. Then scroll to the second page (ie the first page of tablature) and choose Print. In the print dialogue choose either Open in Preview or Save as PDF and that outputs all the pages as a PDF. Choosing the second page is important and selecting Export as PDF in the File menu doesn't work. I guess there would bee a similar workaround on a PC using a PDF creator app.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

Bernhard Heimann

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:15 pm

Thank you, Eric. That was a good hint. It was my browser (Firefox) who lead me astray. Using Edge I could save the PDF files directly.

Bernhard

MartinCogg
Amateur luthier

Post by MartinCogg » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:11 pm

PaulHardy wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:35 am
I have a recording of a variation set by François de Fossa
That being his op.12, and published by Matanya Ophee in his DE FOSSA selected works for solo guitar.
It's in the Rischel & Birket-Smith Collection - and looking at it again, the urge to grapple with it this time
around is upon me :?

http://www2.kb.dk/elib/noder/rischel/RiBS0229.pdf

I'm sure anyone interested in this thread would like to see Ophee's comments about it -
fromOpheesdefossa.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MartinCogg
Amateur luthier

Post by MartinCogg » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:50 pm

That being his op.12, and published by Matanya Ophee in his DE FOSSA selected works for solo guitar.
It's in the Rischel & Birket-Smith Collection - and looking at it again, the urge to grapple with it this time
+ another day with it and that :? has become a :wink: - it's a real fun piece -

it never ceases to amaze me how one can go through some pieces and find certain bits rather too
uncomfortable and awkward seeming, then the next day (or so, or year/month/week) fingerings suddenly
become so much easier as one learns which ones are best providing the primary support for the particular
positioning 'n' all that sort of thing.

PaulHardy

Post by PaulHardy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:39 pm

MartinCogg wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:11 pm
PaulHardy wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:35 am
I have a recording of a variation set by François de Fossa
Thank you Martin!

Return to “Public Space”