Help Identifying guitar with a partial Label...

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
blcklght

Help Identifying guitar with a partial Label...

Post by blcklght » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 pm

I have a classical guitar that I'm working on in which the previous owner tried ripping out the Label inside. Some of it still remains and it is a rectangular label in a bright green color with a border that looks like bamboo with little shuriken stars at the four corners. There is only one discernible letter that looks like maybe the last letter of the brand and it's an "A". Anybody got any ideas what kind of guitar this is? I posted a pic of the soundhole and headstock if those can help to identify too. Thanks in advance for any insights!
IMG-5072.JPG
IMG-5073.JPG
IMG-5074.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lovemyguitar

Re: Help Identifying guitar with a partial Label...

Post by Lovemyguitar » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:17 pm

I can't help you with the label, and honestly, I don't really think it matters! It looks to me like somebody (badly) customised an old/cheap guitar, or, it was just a really badly made guitar to begin with! The headstock is raggedly carved, the tuners are garbage, and it almost looks like the original rosette was cut out of the soundboard and that one put in its place. The fingerboard looks like crap, too.

Unless I'm missing something, I'd say it's a piece of junk.

blcklght

Post by blcklght » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:58 am

Yeah, that's all accurate. I was just curious where it comes from was all...

Guitar-ded

Post by Guitar-ded » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:43 pm

I can't help with the brand either, but maybe someone here can. I'm sure I've seen that green label but can't place it at the moment.
Look on the bright side, it's a great candidate to practice on as there is little that you could do to ruin it, and that's what you need.

Edit: I didn't mean that to sound insulting, just that you could try things on it that you maybe wouldn't on something more expensive.
Last edited by Guitar-ded on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Getting better bit by bit, day by day.

Keith

Post by Keith » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:05 am

I believe the luthier in question was Freddy Krueger :twisted:

The top looks to be either plywood or a non-quarter cut of some kind of wood. I would imagine the guitar was made many years ago and sold at either a department store or through the mail. The bamboo suggests it could be non-occidental.
be true to the one you love but have many flings with different guitars

guitarras en la espiritu de la:
Marcelo Barbero
Jose Ramirez III

Return to “Luthiers”