Tárrega, Francisco - Pavana, en mi mayor - D07

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
tom servo

Tárrega, Francisco - Pavana, en mi mayor - D07

Post by tom servo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:37 pm

Recorded yesterday. Needs a lot more practice. I learned this piece just recently. My fingers will never be the same like before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vesuvio

Re: Tárrega, Francisco - Pavana

Post by Vesuvio » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:21 pm

Hello Tom,

I can see you're a man who enjoys a challenge! This is a very tough piece to play effectively and I think you did a pretty good job—well done!

I have two versions of this that I really adore, David Russell plays it beautifully and so does José Miguel Moreno. If you get the chance to hear those, I am sure you will enjoy them,

All the best, V :) :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:37 am

:bravo:
Well done, Tom,
I really enjoyed listening to you play. I noticed that you play much of Tarrega's music. Great choice!
Thank you for recording this for us and giving us this opportunity to listen to you play.

Kay
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

Paul Saywood

Post by Paul Saywood » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:48 am

Hello Tom,

What a sweet little piece, nicely played, and I must thank for introducing me to a new piece. Thank you.

Paul

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi Tom,

As it happens, I was just looking at the score of this piece this morning, picking out the notes and wondering how long it would be before I dared to attempt it. A long time yet, I decided! Your playing of it is very nice indeed. I especially like the tone and the assuredness of the slides and ornaments. If you say this needs a lot more practice, it is going to be absolutely fantastic when you think it's ready!

:bravo:

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

matoyamni

Post by matoyamni » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:32 pm

tom servo wrote:My fingers will never be the same like before.
I really enjoyed your interpretation of this, TomServo!

Yes, it is hard on the fingers! It demands a level of strength and dexterity I wasn't prepared for when I launched into learning it. But mine will never be the same either.

I like your style, TS, and thanks for posting it; I really like to hear others' interpretations.

Julie

tom servo

Post by tom servo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:21 pm

Thank you. It was a good training for the fingers and showed me how helpful checking out other recordings can be. I just read >this text< and remembered how I tried to learn this piece just from score (never ever heard it) and gave up.

In the meantime I heard a David Russel recording (thanks Vesuvio) and was much surprised in what he can do with it. Did not heard Moreno yet.

Thank you all for the comments. My recording sounds better to me after some time has passed. It seems that I even did play at the same overall tempo like David Russel without knowing. Just 6 seconds difference.

Leonardo Silva

Re: Tárrega, Francisco - Pavana, en mi mayor - D07

Post by Leonardo Silva » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:21 pm

thanks for this one

amezcua

Re: Tárrega, Francisco - Pavana, en mi mayor - D07

Post by amezcua » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:14 pm

David Russell was a new name to me and I think will become a favourite. My fascination with this piece came from Andy Lee`s youtube recording .It`s played on a tiny 1/4 size Cordoba . Musically it`s outstanding and so is the little guitar .

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”