Thorlaksson, Eythor - Vals Moderato

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
David McHarg

Thorlaksson, Eythor - Vals Moderato

Post by David McHarg » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi,

This is a little waltz from the Iceland guitar school collection by Eythor Thorlaksson. Recorded with Edirol R09HR & Colin Morrison guitar.

A little pic of my guitar.
IMG_1052.jpg
Vals.mp3
Regards
David.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Thorlaksson, Eythor - Vals Moderato

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:57 pm

What a lovely, little waltz, David! :bravo: :merci: :bye:
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:29 pm

:bravo:
Another beautiful gem.
Thank you.
:merci:

Kay :sorride:
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

Kenbobpdx

Post by Kenbobpdx » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 pm

You have such a knack for finding and recording small gems. As always your playing is smooth and beautiful. Other than the Carcassi I have enjoyed everything you have posted recently. (BTW, its Carcassi, not your playing of him. I don't know what it is but I just don't care for his compositions).

I swear I am going to download all of your recordings (except Carcassi) and group them into a David McHarg playlist on my iPod!
"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe."
Abraham Lincoln

Linda

Post by Linda » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:50 am

So pretty, and beautifully performed.

Thank you,

linea
linea

David McHarg

Post by David McHarg » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks. Its a catchy little melody.

Kenbobpdx good to hear you enjoy these little pieces. About 2 years ago when i started back playing i decided it was time to address my sight reading and the only way to really improve is to read lots so i spend a little time each day and sight read pieces from various collections including the delcamp collections, iceland guitar school and many many others, along the way you come across some great little pieces that are a joy to play. I also find you can learn a lot about melody, phrasing etc etc by playing these little pieces.

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Yes, David, it's a very pleasant melody, and you played it well.

Thanks for posting it.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Kenbobpdx

Post by Kenbobpdx » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:28 pm

dmcharg wrote:Thanks. Its a catchy little melody.

Kenbobpdx good to hear you enjoy these little pieces. About 2 years ago when i started back playing i decided it was time to address my sight reading and the only way to really improve is to read lots so i spend a little time each day and sight read pieces from various collections including the delcamp collections, iceland guitar school and many many others, along the way you come across some great little pieces that are a joy to play. I also find you can learn a lot about melody, phrasing etc etc by playing these little pieces.
That is a great idea. I am a little over a year back to playing CG regularly. I know what you mean about the sight reading. My skills keep getting better and better but your approach is a worthy one. The idea of playing small pieces well and bringing so much out of them is a very good idea that more of us should probably emulate. Thanks so much for the idea and great recordings.
"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe."
Abraham Lincoln

JimmyD

Post by JimmyD » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:56 pm

One of joys of this website is finding these gems I never would have heard otherwise.

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”