Pujol, M. D. - Nocturno

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Sean Eric Howard

Pujol, M. D. - Nocturno

Post by Sean Eric Howard » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:26 am

Thought I'd hang this out to dry over here since I haven't put an mp3 up since the last ice age . . . or was it the one before the last one? Much thanks to Giorgio Mirto who helped me find the score (published by Edizioni Sinfonica, not a publisher I'd identified with Max's music nor one I'm familiar with). Recorded with the Reynoso.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GeoffB on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrupt file replaced

altnaez

Re: Pujol, M. D. - Nocturno

Post by altnaez » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:22 pm

:bravo: Sean.
A beautiful piece by M. D. . That's a new one for me. A very emotive interpretation and a beautiful sound of the Reynoso.

Thanks,
Albert

David Belcher

Post by David Belcher » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Fantastic, Sean! I know this one from Giorgio's Nocturnes CD, who of course plays it beautifully—you played it equally well here. I'm so impressed with Maximo's music and grateful to you for introducing me to some of his music I didn't know about. (That Reynoso sounds incredible by the way.)

Peace,

dave b
"In music I think it's very, very dangerous if you start to compare and say, 'This is good, this is not good, this is only one possibility' . . . there are so many possibilities, but what is important is to be open to that." - Pavel Steidl

ceddia

Post by ceddia » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:02 pm

pujol is one of my favorite composers and this score was intense. Love the expression and your tone of this piece. Thanks for posting. :)

Kenbobpdx

Post by Kenbobpdx » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Sean,
Great playing of a very nice piece. I've always enjoyed your performances. Thanks for posting a new one.
"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe."
Abraham Lincoln

Sean Eric Howard

Post by Sean Eric Howard » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:19 am

I really appreciate the kind words. I'm working on several of his newer works for an art festival I'm playing at in October. It's funny actually. This art festival is located in a very small town and most of the music acts are country, rock, ad nauseum. For whatever reason, they've asked me back each year since 2011. Who knew folks in Ohio County, Kentucky, would enjoy Argentine music?!?

Kenbobpdx

Post by Kenbobpdx » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Sean Eric Howard wrote:I really appreciate the kind words. I'm working on several of his newer works for an art festival I'm playing at in October. It's funny actually. This art festival is located in a very small town and most of the music acts are country, rock, ad nauseum. For whatever reason, they've asked me back each year since 2011. Who knew folks in Ohio County, Kentucky, would enjoy Argentine music?!?
I am sure it has nothing to do with the music. Its probably is your good looks and wicked wit. Or wicked looks and good wit. :lol:
"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe."
Abraham Lincoln

Sean Eric Howard

Post by Sean Eric Howard » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:04 am

I've got more wits than looks, that's for durned sure!

oski79

Post by oski79 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:37 am

Thanks Sean. That took me back to my lesson with MDP in Tahoe. I'll never forget it.

PS Send me the link to where you found that score, please?
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Ovaltine Vortex

Post by Ovaltine Vortex » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:03 am

Really nice variety of color in this interpretation! I love the contrast between dolce and ponticello, and great job with keeping a smooth legato, as well.

spidersareok

Post by spidersareok » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:01 am

wow just wow, great composition and so beautifully played ,the recording is very good .

Sean Eric Howard

Post by Sean Eric Howard » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:29 am

Wow, thanks for all the feedback. Hey Rich, I had a tough time finding the music and finally contacted Giorgio Mirto who put me on the trail to Edizioni Sinfonica, an Italian publisher. I just got an email yesterday from Strings by Mail that they will order it for you. It's kind of steep pricewise, but you get Nocturno, Torino, and a cd of both pieces.

Sean Eric Howard

Post by Sean Eric Howard » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:47 pm

Replacing corrupt original with a copy mp3. I couldn't get the original to play past the 0:10 mark so I'm assuming it's corrupted.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:32 pm

Thanks, Sean, corrupt file now replaced with that one.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi Sean,
I must have missed this when you originally uploaded it. So glad you uploaded it again - that was a thoroughly enjoyable performance.
-PJ

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”