[PDF] Attaignant, Pierre (Publisher) - Tourdion

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
pmiklitz

[PDF] Attaignant, Pierre (Publisher) - Tourdion

Post by pmiklitz » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi All,

in honour of the recently deceased John Renbourn here is my arrangement of the famous Tourdion from the Basse Danse "La Magdalena", published by Pierre Attaignant in 1530. John Renbourn arranged this piece for his album "The Enchanted Garden" together with the Pavane "Belle qui tiens ma vie", which I arranged and posted here a while ago (see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=86384).

The Tourdion is a nice example for the use of hemiolas, i.e. three beats of equal value in the time normally occupied by two beats (bars 6 to 8 and 14 to 16), which give the piece its drive.

Enjoy,

Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dringt durch des Aberglaubens Nacht, die Euch zu finstern Köpfen macht. Christian Fürchtegott Gellert (1715 - 1769)

Annalu Braga

Re: [PDF] Attaignant, Pierre (Publisher) - Tourdion

Post by Annalu Braga » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 am

Does anybody has the guitar solo version of the tradicional Tordion by Pierre Attaignant in D minor?

cadiz

Post by cadiz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:53 pm

(del)
Last edited by cadiz on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Annalu Braga

Post by Annalu Braga » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:59 pm

cadiz wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:53 pm
See:
Tourdion.pdf
But this version increases the difficulty (barrés, eg measure 9/10, and measure 11 inconvenient)
It is surely best to play the first version, in Bm, and add a Capo III, if you prefer to hear as it.
This is not the traditional, but Madalena, another piece from Attaignant. But thanks. :desole:

This is the one i´m looking for https://imslp.org/wiki/File:WIMA.fa8a-A ... urdion.pdf

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”