Sor, Fernando - op.31/02 - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Fernando Sor.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Sor, Fernando - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Sor, Fernando - op.34 L'Encouragement - D08 Duo Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
eliseo

Sor, Fernando - op.31/02 - Video

Post by eliseo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:14 pm

Dear colleagues, I present my new recording of Fernando Sor
Greetings

Eliseo Fresquet-Serret

Paul Janssen

Re: Sor, Fernando - Op.31, nº2-Video

Post by Paul Janssen » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:05 pm

Nice interpretation of the piece Eliseo. I'm becoming a fan of Sor's music and it's always nice to hear pieces likes this that are new to me.

Thanks for sharing.

Terry Sanderson

Post by Terry Sanderson » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:03 pm

Very nice. :bravo:
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:44 pm

And this looking so simple, popular piece is, as a matter of fact, very beautiful music, which is a pleasure to listen when is played like Eliseo does. :merci: :bravo:
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.
Antonio Picado, model 62, 2018, Cedar/Madagascar Palosanto. Scale 640 mm. Doble Tapa.

eliseo

Post by eliseo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:29 pm

Paul thank you very much !! I too like Fernando Sor.
Greetings

Eliseo Fresquet-Serret

eliseo

Post by eliseo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:32 pm

:merci:

Thank you Terry :bye:

Eliseo Fresquet-Serret

eliseo

Post by eliseo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:46 pm

:merci:

But really the pleasure, is being heard by artists such as Jacek. :D
As usual, really you are a gentleman with your loving and generous words!!
Best regards from the Costa Brava :bye:

Eliseo Fresquet-Serret

Philosopherguy

Post by Philosopherguy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:17 am

I love playing Sor and this is a great little piece. I like to play this one a lot too. Well done! Your playing is always nice!

One day I have to stop being lazy and record more too!

Regards,
Martin
2013 Ramirez 130 Anos - Spruce
2013 Ramirez 4NE - Cedar
1998 Dean Harrington - Spruce
1977 Kuniharu Nobe - Spruce
1971 Yamaha GC3 - Spruce

eliseo

Re: Sor, Fernando - op.31/02 - Video

Post by eliseo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:29 pm

Dear Martin, thank you very much for your comments. I can assure you, that for me it is not easy to record.
I have to work very hard because my hands ....... I am 72, surely you're younger, and that means : “ Stop being lazy”
(Do not be angry, I´m kidding) :D
Best regards :bye:

Eliseo Fresquet-Serret

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:33 pm

By the occasion of recent recordings of beautiful music played by Maestro Eliseo let me turn our attention to certain, important IMO aspect. It is a question of brave, positive dealing with and overcoming consequences of age. It is perfect example for me that the music comes from heart and all "technical" means are to be adjusted to our present condition if needed be.

I remember that Maestro Eliseo has a guitar that is dream guitar for some/many players; it is Jose Ramirez 1A. But this guitar probably belongs to instruments that are not so easy to play. So instead of complaining, the Author of this thread went for another instrument that still allows his aged hands to produce beautiful music.

On my modest amateur's level I am in similar process myself: my concert level luthier's guitar constructed by Master Stanislaw Partyka become too demanding for my soon to be 72 years old hands. And instead of complaining I switched to my other guitars that are much easier to be played by me in my present situation, and I will let the Partyka go to better then mine today hands. I say all this to encourage elder people to play, just choose carefully and wisely the guitar appropriate for our present condition.
Antonio Picado, model 62, 2018, Cedar/Madagascar Palosanto. Scale 640 mm. Doble Tapa.

eliseo

Post by eliseo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Jacek, thank you very much, your explanation is great!
1st category Ramirez, Fleta, Contreras, etc..are very good guitars, which are played
by young an famous concert guitarists. At least,when I was young I played my Ramirez without difficulty.
But there are moments in life that we find the guitar that suits us and not that we would like to play.
The years pass, the illusion remains, but the hands over the years become old and not respond as before.
This is life and so must accept it.But this is not the end, far from it,because life continues……
........... and now, we have to savor it more than ever !!!
Thanks for your time!
Greetings

Eliseo Fresquet-Serret

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Yes, Eliseo, it is as you say. And let me add that I am still tempted by the "Ramirez sound". And I do not give up in my search; so far I have acquired new for me guitar - Kenny Hill, model Madrid that is designed after the Jose Ramirez design and well, I am somehow in "half of the way", as the playability of this Madrid model guitar is much better for me then other guitars that I know and it sounds "Spanish", even in real Madrid School tradition. I have also nice experiences with regard to playability with some lower Jose Ramirez models like 130 Años or 4R. The do not sound like 1A, but the "Ramirez sound" is IMO there, without difficulties with playing. The same is with some older (?) Japanese copies of Spanish guitars...So instead of complaining, I am still on the road :)

eliseo

Post by eliseo » Tue May 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Jacek, sorry for not having seen this writing of yours before. I follow five forums in four languages, among many other things, and this makes me very distracted. You currently enjoy two fantastic guitars and I hope you enjoy them. Now although certain thoughts are in your thoughts, enjoy those two Spanish jewels of the house "Picado" !!
Greetings :bye: :bye: :bye:

Eliseo Fresquet-Serret

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Tue May 08, 2018 7:28 pm

Eliseo, please do not feel sorry. You are so busy in the field of music and it makes us happy., as you know your music is known also in distant Poland and Ukraine. I have to confess that since I have acquired my Picado model 62 I do not miss the Ramirez 1A as much as before. Surely PIcado guitars are not the Ramirez and Ramirez is not a Picado, but high quality, Spanish sould so to speak, and noble proudness is there. And I will never forget who has introduced me to the Picado and has helped me to acquire my Picado guitars. Muchas gracias !

Return to “Our recordings of Fernando Sor”