Sor, Fernando - study no.17

Audio and video recordings of the works of Fernando Sor.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Sor, Fernando - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Sor, Fernando - op.34 L'Encouragement - D08 Duo Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
leyenda

Sor, Fernando - study no.17

Post by leyenda » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:45 am

segovia no.17. havent played for a while but thought id record this morning as had some free time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Re: Sor, Fernando - study no.17

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:19 pm

Hi Leyenda, I missed you on the forum and I am glad you are back. It is really a pleasure to listen to your recordings. You have a fabulous sound and interpretation and a very good recording process also I guess. This piece specifically reminds me a lot of my guitar lessons. Often when I entered into my class the teacher was playing and he just continued for a big while and I became really hypnotized about his wonderful music and the sound of the instrument - also the no 17 was one of the pieces he used to play. I think it is very important for students and children to listen and not only to study and play. It is a very good opportunity we have on the forum to listen to such mature artist like you and it makes me fall in love again with my own instrument. Best greetings

DaveLloyd

Re: Sor, Fernando - study no.17

Post by DaveLloyd » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:51 pm

Wow! I really enjoyed listening to that! :merci:

Beautiful rendition!

This was always by far my favourite of the 20 Segovia/Sor studies.

It was the very last piece I learned before consigning my guitar to a wardrobe for more than 35 years back in the late 70s, when life became too hectic.

Now that my guitar has found its way back out again, this study is definitely high on my agenda.

Dave

Return to “Our recordings of Fernando Sor”